The famous Andhra style Egg curry is liked by both Vegetarians and Meat-eaters alike. This curry make the Sunday Lunch time a favorite and most enjoyable meal for the entire family.
Eggs – 5
Onions – 2 big,cut into small pieces
Tomato – 2 medium,cut into small pieces
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green chillies – 5 ,slit lengthwise
Curry leaves – few
Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Red chili powdwer – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriandar powder -1/4 tsp
Zeera powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 4 Tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Take a pan and pour oil.
- Heat the oil and add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Let the mustard seeds splutter.
- Add green chillies,curry leaves.
- Add the onions,saute them little bit.
- Add little salt and turmeric.
- Fry until they are little brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Then add tomatoes and cook it on a medium flame until the oil starts separating out.
- Add remaining salt, chilli powder, zeera powder and coriander powder…cook them also.
- Poke the boiled eggs with fork or slightly slit vertically on four sides,with a knife and add them to the prepared gravy.
- Add little water ,mix everything and cover it with the lid.
- Cook it another 10 min.
- Add fresh cilantro, & switch off the stove. Set aside for 20 min so that eggs can imbibe the rich curry flavors.